One more autocompletion bit

John R. Zedlewski zedlwski at princeton.edu
Fri Jun 25 17:23:27 BST 1999

Well, it sounds like the entry of the parsed classes into a database will be
everything we need to support that end ot the autocompletion process.  I found
that wxStudio, of all things, actually has an autocompletion plug-in that's
pretty far along.  The beauties of this: it's GPL, it's C++, it's a separate
module, and it's fairly clean code.  I was really surprised by this because
wxStudio is NOT very far along (it's only available by CVS, not even an FTP
snapshot out yet).  But we should keep an eye out for future ways to share with
them, as they have some pretty similar goals.
I have a little free time today, so I'll look over the code and see about
adding it in (just the editor-parser end, since it'll have to tie in to db when
that's available).
BTW, when will there be a feature freeze for 0.4.1?  Won't that be going out
with the KDE1.1.2 distro?  Also, seeing as Qt 2.0 came out today, will versions
of Kdevelop 0.5.0+ be qt-2.0 based?
Later,
--JZ (who finally got the mailing list switched off of his old AOL account,
yes!)