Problem with getting started

Stefan Stumpf stefan.stumpf at ascom.de
Fri Jun 25 15:58:21 BST 1999

Hello

I´ve just startet in using kdevelop. It seems to be a nice tool. Seems,
yes, because i have some problems in using it. As i understood, the
KAppWizard generates a programm-skeletton, which can be compiled und
linked. So that it is executable. Is this correct? But i can´t compile
the project.

1. Why is the sourcefile main.cpp and resource.h empty?
2. In the makefile, i miss the INLCUDES-Macro, which is used by the
compiler-option. So the compiler can´t find any headerfile.

Output from a grep-command:
** stefan at monza:~/qdatarec/qdatarec > grep INCLUDES Makefile
** MICO_INCLUDES = @MICO_INCLUDES@
** QT_INCLUDES = -I/usr/lib/qt/include
** X_INCLUDES = -I/usr/X11R6/include
** CXXCOMPILE = $(CXX) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS)
$(AM_CXXFLAGS) $(CXXFLAGS)
** LTCXXCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(CXX) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES)
$(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) $(AM_CXXFLAGS) $(CXXFLAGS)
** stefan at monza:~/qdatarec/qdatarec >

I think there is something wrong with my environment. So please help me.

I´m using SuSE. 6.0, Kernel 2.0.36, with qt-1.44, KDE 1.1 and compiled
kdevelop. The binary for SuSE works the same way.

Ciao
Stefan