On the subject of kdeveloping ...

jedd jedd at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Fri Jun 25 14:02:56 BST 1999

 On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Bernd wrote :
 ] They are not porting applications to KDE. Corel Draw
 ] and other applications use winelib which is API-compatible
 ] with Windows, and Corel puts significant resources in
 ] helping to improve Wine.

 Sure.. I'm hip to their WINE contribution, but I got the
 impresssion from their press release :

http://www.corel.com/news/1999/april/april_21_1999.htm

 that they were putting, or planning, effort into 'enhancing'
 the K Desktop Environment, and all that that implies.

 Comments like :

"Our project's continuous dedication to create an attractive, stable and functional
desktop environment and Corel's experience in building state-of-the-art graphical
interfaces will help offer users an even better experience with the award-winning KDE,"
said Cristian Tibirna, KDE's representative in Canada. "We're all very excited about the
new prospects."

 ... suggest they're aiming at something other than Win-lookalike apps
 running under KDE.

 I was merely curious if they should be approached by the KDevelop
 team -- there seems to be potential gains for both parties.

 Cheers,
 Jedd.

--
 jedd == jedd at progsoc dot uts dot edu dot au
 I speak for me, they speak for them, and all is well.