cout fine, but doesn't see cin

rfrank at mindspring.com rfrank at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 02:57:16 BST 1999

With a simple C++ application, the cin/cout screen displays what I cout
correctly, but when I do a cin, it will not see the keys.  If I run
the same application in a standard xterm, the cin works fine.  I've
looked in the documentation and mailing archives.  It's as if
that window is not getting focus when I click on it, yet I can see
what I type on that part of the screen.  Any clues?

Also can the cin/cout window be set to use monospace fonts so text
lines up when, for example, I've used setw to set the width?  Thanks!

--
Roger Frank
Mathematics/Computer Science Teacher