How to join your effort ?

Mathias Puetz mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu
Wed Jun 23 23:40:00 BST 1999

Dear KDeveloper Team,

I just compiled your 0.4 version on my SGI Indigo
and was astonished how far this great project has gone.
I immediately started working on my own new project with it
and I find it already pretty usable, especially the dialog
editor is awesome (if a bit sluggish).
However (as was to be expected) some bugs or missing
features still make a few automatic processes somewhat
painful. E.g. the automatic Makefile generation and updating
process when adding new files and/or changing compiler options
doesn't work very well for my IRIX 6.2 machine (heven't tried
it under Linux yet). Understable, since I guess most of you are
developing under Linux.

Since I definitely like to use KDevelop NOW, I offer to join
your development team to sort out and eliminate these problems,
but I won't probably have much time implementing big new features.
I figure it would be too slow a process sending in bug reports
for every little bit I'd rather fix myself more easily. Thus do you
prefer me sending one of the main developers (whoever that might
be) patches versus the current CVS-version or commiting bug fixes
myself through CVS ? Any more detailed info on the preferred procedure
is welcome. I will be able to check things out under Linux (RH 6.0)
and DEC Unix as well.

Greetinx,
Mathias

 ______________
|                                                  \
| Advanced Materials Lab (University of New Mexico) \
| 1001 University SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106         |
| phone: (505)272-7132    -O-    fax: (505)272-7336 |
|   \|/    email: mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu    \|/    |
\___/o\________or puetz at mpip-mainz.mpg.de____/o\____/