Is "required" up to date? Problems compiling

Stefan Mars mars at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jun 24 00:04:31 BST 1999

Morn,

I am trying yet again to compile the cvs version of kdevelop, but it's
failing with about 500 errors of the kind:

ccwvirtualmethodview.o(.text+0x26): undefined reference to
`CCWVirtualMethodView virtual table'
./classwizard/libclasswizard.a(ccwvirtualmethodview.o): In function
`CCWVirtualMethodView::~CCWVirtualMethodView(void)':
ccwvirtualmethodview.o(.text+0x565): undefined reference to
`CCWVirtualMethodView::QPaintDevice virtual table'

spread over almost every file that makes up kdevelop. To me it looks like
the FAQ about kde-1.1 rpms pn SuSE, which says that I should recompile the
kdelibs myself. Unfortunaly I have done that, and even managed to compile
earlier cvs versions of kdevelop, but for the past 2-3 weeks it's been
just impossible.

Incidently the kdevelop-0.4 release compiles and works like a dream.

On with the questions I guess:

1. Best would be if someone has seen this behaviour before and knows what
to do about it?

2. Failing that, is the "required" section uptodate? It's still Qt-1.42
for example?

3. Can kdevelop be compiled using Qt-2.0 and kdelibs-2.0 (cvs versions)?

/Stefan