generating KDE-Documentation in Debian -- SOLUTION

jedd jedd at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 00:16:20 BST 1999

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Ashley Cambrell wrote:
 ] I picked this up too...  seems in the code where it calls qt2html <?> to
 ] create the first qt.kdoc it doesn't contain the filename.  if the first one
 ] fails then all of the rest of the calls to kdoc fail (because they reference
 ] the first one)  I changed the code and it worked (added in the first line
 ] after the        /          qt.kdoc. )  But kdoc would not build all of them
 ] properley as the .h file @ref were mucked up

 Unfortunately, I removed the kdevelop source tree today, in
 an attempt to find space .. (living on a laptop for 6 months -- tres
 squeezy).

 But fortunately someone posted a solution to the problem on
 the Debian/KDE list.  Web site for the Debian/KDE packages
 is at :
	http://snowcrash.tdyc.com/KDE/

 (Just in case there's any other Debian users out there after
 a packaged solution.)

Anyway, if someone's maintaining a FAQ, or just wants to
 update the README for KDevelop, they can add this info in :

	cd
	mkdir -p debian/tmp/usr/share/kdoc/index
	mkdir -p debian/tmp/usr/doc/kdelibs-doc/html

  	qt2kdoc --url=/usr/local/qt-1.43/html         \
	--outdir=./debian/tmp/usr/share/kdoc/index/   \
	--compress /usr/local/qt-1.43/html

	makekdedoc --libdir=/home/jedd/debian/tmp/usr/share/kdeoc/index  \
	--outputdir=/home/jedd/debian/tmp/usr/doc/kdelibs-doc/html       \
	--url=/usr/doc/kdelibs-doc/html

	su -

	mkdir /usr/doc/kdelibs-doc

	mv /home/<yourid>/debian/tmp/usr/doc/kdelibs-doc/html /usr/doc/kdelibs-doc

	Do the su / mv business once you're happy with minimising the errors
	on the generation of the documentation.  Once that's done, de-su yourself,
	and rm -rf ./debian

	KDE-LibrariesDoc box to /usr/doc/kdelibs-doc/html, OKAY, and then
	check in the DOC tab that you have access to the KDE-Core-Library
	through KDE-KSpell-Library.

	Using /usr/doc/kdelibs-doc may break the Debian or packaging
	aspects of the (old) FSSTND, but can't think of anywhere else
	to live it centrally.  (You can of course keep it in your home,.)

 Cheers,
 Jedd.

--
 jedd == jedd at progsoc dot uts dot edu dot au
 I speak for me, they speak for them, and all is well.