Interface

Suran suran at gmx.net
Tue Jun 22 17:49:36 BST 1999

Virgil King wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying out KDevelop 0.4 for some projects for work and school and
> am very impressed, great work.
>
> I had a thought today about the KDevelop interface: it seems hampered by the
> inability to view/edit more than one source file at once. I was wondering how
> much effort it would take to implement a Netbeans-style interface. If you
> haven't seen it, the Netbeans main widget consists of the menubar and toolbars;
> the class/file view, output, debugger, and source views are all separate
> windows. I thought this was a very flexible and convenient environment.
>
> Just more in the thread of things people have liked from other IDEs...

I think it would be less messy on your desktop to rather have sone tabs
above
the edit-control to switch between open files. The windows(German:
"Fenster")-menue
is a bit slow a way to switch between f.a. header and source or the
header where a function
used is declared and the source you are working on.

I've seen it in ultraedit and it's a very efficient way to edit multiple
files w/o
having to fight with 4 or 5 windows overlaping each other.

> Virgil

---
suran at gmx.net