Some wishes, some problems....

Bernards, Michael MBernards at airplus.de
Tue Jun 22 08:01:48 BST 1999

After a long night with KDevelop 0.4 I found some problems (only a few):

- after inserting a new class (or dialog) in a project, I got a message that
automoc could not be found. I found automoc in several kdesdk folders but
from now on I had to start automoc manually when I inserted a new class.
What's wrong?

- when I change a Header and it, KDevelop switches the view to the Document
Browser!?!

- many dialogs are shown ugly with my large font settings

Back to the department of wishes.....

- after an unsuccessful make I may step step through the errors with F4.
GREAT! But if you do that, you can't see which error is the one. Is it
possibe to scoll the output and mark the actual error? Or maybe it's better
to show current error message in the statusbar?

- is there anywhere a documentation of runtime lib, etc. which could be
integrated in KDevelop. After my first steps with Qt and KDE I'm starting to
use more and more system functionality (sockets, serial I/O) and it is hard
to find all the informations I need...

- I missed a possibillity to insert a new slot or signal in a class. I would
be nice to have those checkboxes in the dialog for new functions.

- of course an Intellisense-like feature would be great........

Michael (very happy with KDevelop 0.4 :-)