kdevelop KDE-Documentation problem

jedd jedd at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 14:53:57 BST 1999

 Bah!  Serves you all right for using redhat.  :-)

 Anyway .. life under Debian is slightly more pleasant, but I've
 still got a couple of problems I'm sure you can help me with...

 On the subject of editors.. I really miss the % feature that vi
 uses, to show matching brackets.  How do you live without it?
 I'm not getting into an emacs.v.vi war .. as I'm sure emacs has
 something similar.  For my own part, though, I'd love to know
 if there's an embeddable (plug-in-able) k-vi being developed
 out there...?

 On the subject of the KDE-Documentation tree.. I'm having
 trouble creating that.  I've got the kdelibs source, residing
 under /usr/src/kdelibs-1.1.1 (I've also tried in in /home/jedd/
 src/kdelibs-1.1.1, in case it wanted write-access) .. and I
 get an error during the creation of the documentation :

Could not open /usr/local/qt/html/classes.html for reading
Can't read from kdecore at /usr/bin/kdoc line 116
kdoc: reading lib: qt
Can't read from kdeui at /usr/bin/kdoc line 116
kdoc: reading lib: qt
kdoc: reading lib: kdecore
/bin/bash: cd: ../kio: No such file or directory
Can't read from kio at /usr/bin/kdoc line 116
kdoc: reading lib: qt
kdoc: reading lib: kdecore
kdoc: reading lib: kdeui
Can't read from kimgio at /usr/bin/kdoc line 116

 <snipped>  -- it repeats that pretty much verbatim,
 another 10 times or so.
*** failed ***

 I've got the C++ tutorial installed, and the QT libraries
 documentation *is* working okay.. it's only the KDE-Core,
 down through KDE-KSpell Library doc's that aren't
 working.  And yes, I'm pointing the library-source at
 the right place .. and it does exist, and I've tried it as
 root, and I've confirmed rights, etc ..  I'm running the
 deb package 990620 or 990621 of kdelibs, btw.

 Any ideas?

 Taa,
 Jedd.

--
 jedd == jedd at progsoc dot uts dot edu dot au
 I speak for me, they speak for them, and all is well.