compiling kdevelop fails

Joachim Ansorg Jockel123 at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 23:35:58 BST 1999

Hi,
I'm using KDevelop 0.4 with SuSE 6.0. I compiled myself KDE 1.1.1 and Qt 1.44
with egcs 1.1.2. It works fine. I'm using libpng 2.1.0.3.
But I think your problem could be caused by the wrong version of libpng or a
badly  created makefile.
Please check if _every_ makefile of KDevelop contains the entry -lpng. If not
please add it either to the line LIBPNG or to the compiler-switches. You've to
add "-lpng -lz -lm".
Please try also to add -ljpeg or -ltiff.

I think it could be useful to use the newest release of libpng. It's at
this time 2.1.0.3. But if you compile libpng yourself please exclude libpng
from the installed packages in Yast because SuSE uses /usr/lib for storing
libraries.