adding existing files to a KDevelop project

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Fri Jun 18 07:44:49 BST 1999

Morjen morjen,

Oliver Eiden wrote:

> Hi Falk !
> real pleasure to check out C++ programs via kdevelop. It is a great tool. It is
> the first IDE for C++ I have seen at all.
Yep. I agree with you. Already now it´s better than XEmacs or other
C++-supporting editors. And the best is it can Qt specific stuff.

> ... My
> work-around for the moment is to create a second directory and add these files
> to the project.
Yep. I think it will get better.

> => you should be able to define in what directory (at least the directory with
> the source-code, what files belong to.
One should be able to add any directory to the project, so that it will
be considered by the make process.

> I don't mention the problems with creating makefiles and so on...
Once I wanted to checkout two existing C++ projects from CVS. They are
Qt applications started on MSVC. But on Windows I did the mistake to
create this two projects in the same directory. On Windows this is
possible ´cause all filenames of these projects can be set differently
from each other. So far so good. Well, but as I tried to import these
files into KDevelop, I had the problem that both of the projects wanted
to create the makefile, unfortunatelly simply called "Makefile". So the
whole thing turned into madness. ;-) I was constrained to change my CVS
tree structure, a really bad thing.
Maybe it is possible to change the basic approach of the project´s
structure in that way that every file is clearly dedicated (???).

Sorry for all my grumble, someone could say:"So fix it!"; I´m just an
user of KDevelop.

Ciao,
--Falk