Strange things happening..!

Charles Boivin okeo at mindless.com
Fri Jun 4 23:28:15 BST 1999

Hi all...

Some strange things happening since yesterday.

1) I tried the "Make distribution -> source-tgz" menu option yesterday
to see if it was working. It worked great! I was really impressed.
However, today, I noticed that when I was compiling, it was compiling
with the "-O2" switch, and not the "-O0 -g1" switch anymore.

So I checked in the Project->Options..., and I still had the "generate
debugging information" checked. I decided to uncheck it, and go back and
check it back to see what it does. I got the following error messages:

After unchecking it:

CXXFLAGS=  -O0 -Wall  : Command not found
*** failed ***

After trying to set it back:

CXXFLAGS=  -O0 -g1 -Wall  : Command not found
*** failed ***

What is Kdevelop trying to do when I do this, and why is it failing?

2) I also tried changing the version number. I went again in the
"Projects->Options..." dialog, and changed the version number. When I
hit "OK", I was told that the version number had changed and some files
had to be re-generated (rightfully so). But ever since this, I can not
click on the "run" button to run my project: I get the following error
message:

gmake: no rule to make target '-j1 -W'. Stop.
*** failed ***

I trace this back to an entry in the .kdevprj file that says:

make-options= -j1 -W

I *did* try to do such things as running autoconf/automake, and doing a
clean and rebuilding all -- nothing worked. The strange thing is if I
try to compile from the console, it will, without any problem. If I do
"Compile File" from KDevelop, it works, if I do "Make file", it prints
that message... What happened?!

And most importantly... How can I get things working the way they were
before? It was working so well! I was quite impressed (I still am, I
would just like to know what happened and how to fix it!)

I am working on a Qt-project, btw.

Thanks,

--
Charles Boivin

Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
University of British Columbia