NetBSD / Kdevelop

Pierre Bourgin Pierre.Bourgin at lip6.fr
Thu Jun 3 17:42:10 BST 1999

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Carlos Valiente wrote:

  > >ckdevelop.o: Undefined symbol `QGList type_info function' referenced from text segment
  > >ckdevelop.o: Undefined symbol `QGList type_info node' referenced from text segment
  > >ckdevelop.o: Undefined symbol `QGArray type_info function' referenced from text segment
  > >ckdevelop.o: Undefined symbol `QGArray type_info node' referenced from text segment
  > >[..]
  >
  > I had a similar problem while compiling the development version of KDE. I think
  > the problem is that your Qt libraries are compiled with the -fno-rtti option
  > and therefore do not include any runtime type identification code (I suppose
  > those are the functions that the linker can't find). Perhaps you should try to
  > recompile the Qt libraries *without* the -fno-rtti option, or compile KDevelop
  > *with* -fno-rtti flag, either.

Thanks, but I found explanations : I installed the package of the
qt-1.42 (precompiled) for NetBSD-1.3x, which must be made with
gcc-2.7.xx compiler.

Under NetBSD-1.4 (recent upgrade for my computer), this is
egcs-1.1x that is used, that implies that C++ stuff compiled
with gcc is not 'understood', especially libs :(.

So I retrieved the right package (NetBSD-1.4) and the same for
KDE-1.1 !

Pierre Bourgin