Trobules with tools in KDevelop 0.4

Pahan Szabolcs szabczy at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 3 11:33:19 BST 1999

Hi,

> I have a problem with KDevelop 0.4 concerning the tools (kdbg, kiconedit,
> kpaint, ktranslator): whenever I try to start one of them from the menu or
> through the Debug icon, the following error occurs (with every of the
> applications above):
> -
> QGList::locate: Index 3 out of range
> slotExecute
> Args: (null)
> QObject::connect: No such signal KApplication::windowAdd(Window)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'kdevelop')
> -
> where the number after "Index" (line 1) represents the number of the
> selected menu item. The task is loaded (mentioned in the task manager as
> "sleeping"), but the tools tab in KDevelop remains empty! Nothing can be
> done.
> When I load the programs "manually" they work normal.
>
> I'm wondering no one else had this problem! I am using KDE 1.1.1 and KDbg
> 0.3.0, but I think this should not be the reason for all this because with
> the latest snapshot before (from 25.5.) everything worked all right.

I have the same problem with snapshot 1999-06-01.
Kdevelop fails to activate the tools.
The messages returned are the same.

I use SuSE 6.1, with _ALL_ QT packages installed ( ./configure
refuses to find the QT library if the qtcompat.rpm package is
missing), with KDE 1.1 on QT 1.44
Using the Kdevelop 0.3 shipped with the SuSE 6.1 the tools are OK.

Regards,
  Szabolcs

PS.: Is there anybody out there already working on a Hungarian
 translation?

-----
Dare to Be Outstanding - Choose Linux!