snapshot & diff files

Herwin Jan Steehouwer herwinjs at palet.nl
Thu Jul 15 08:05:34 BST 1999

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Massimo Morin wrote:

> Hi,
>         I know, but unfortunatly I have a proxy that separated my
> machine to
> the "rest of the world" and I'm not able to bypass it: I haven't found
> any documentation that desribe me how to make CVS to work with this
> proxy!

cvsup -z -P - <cvsupfile>

you can find that at the CVSUP page !

from cvsup -h:
    -P range     Range for client data ports (default unrestricted)
                 Range can be a single port number or a range
                 "lo-hi".  A range of "-" selects passive mode.
                 A range of "m" selects multiplexed mode.

HJ

> This machine is a WinNT proxy...
>
> if you have any other suggestions....
>
> Thanks
>                         Massimo
>
> Mathias Puetz wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> > > HI,
> > >       unfortunatly I don't have much time for activelly hacking the code but
> > > I like to take a look at it and being up to date.
> > >
> > > The snapshot are fine but downloading every couple of days 2Mb seems a
> > > little...time-consuming (aka wasting).
> > >
> > > Isn't it possible to let available not only the snapshots but also the
> > > patch file between shapshot versions? That could save a looot of
> > > bandwidth/time (even because the ftp server doesn't seems to be a very
> > > fast one, and the diff file (.patch.gz) should be around 10kb every
> > > day....).
> > >
> > That's why you should use CVSUP which does exactly what you want.
> > See the KDevelop Home-page and the CVSUP link on the KDE Home page
> > how to set it up.
> >
> > Greets,
> > Mathias
> >
> >  ______________
> > /              \
> > | Mathias Puetz \__________________________________
> > |                                                  \
> > | Advanced Materials Lab (University of New Mexico) \
> > | 1001 University SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106         |
> > |                         \|/                       |
> > | phone: (505)272-7132    -O-    fax: (505)272-7336 |
> > |                         /|\                       |
> > |   \|/    email: mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu    \|/    |
> > \___/o\________or puetz at mpip-mainz.mpg.de____/o\____/
>
> --
>                                                _...__..-'
> Massimo Morin                                .'
> mmorin at schedys.com                         .'
> +1 (617) 623-4155                                         .'
>                                        .'
>             .------._                 ;
>       .-"""`-.<')    `-._           .'
>      (.--. _   `._       `'---.__.-'
>       `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
>         .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
>          `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
>  ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
>          ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
>                    `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
>                      `'.

Herwin Jan Steehouwer
  herwinjs at palet.nl                 http://www.caiw.nl/~herwinjs