What will happen with the both 1.x and 2.x trees in the future when KDE 2.0 final is released?

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 30 23:21:40 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have new features in the upcoming kdevelop1.1 release that are not in
kdevelop2.

I've not ported my stuff to kde2 because

a/ it's not a stable system to develop from
b/ it's api is not yet stable
c/ I like to work on one thing at a time
d/ I suspect I'll be reworking a lot of my stuff to take advantage of the new
things in kde2 (almost definately)
e/ other things in kdevelop2 are likely to change
d/ It's not clear how long "only a matter of months before KDE 2.0 " really
is :-)
e/ You can use 1.0 to work on 2.0 stuff.

not withstanding a and b and d, kde2 looks _excellent_, and I hope to be working
in it soon, and yes, it will be a pain to move my stuff over, but not
unmanagable.

PS. I can't speak for the others, of course :-)

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb