AW: Damien is a troll (was: VI/EMACS is stupid!)

Andreas Schulz an.schulz at tiscon.de
Wed Dec 22 07:09:27 GMT 1999

Hi!

Damien,

Modern versions of vi and emacs can do all the mouse operations too.  What I
like about good ol' vi is that I don't have to keep flipping my right hand from
keyboard to mouse and back.  I don't have to hunt for the cursor keys.  I don't
even have to look at my keyboard because everything I need is in the realm of
normal keystrokes.

What I like about vi is the . (Dot) Operation. In fact I don't see any editor, which
has an efficient and equivalent Operation like the dot-op of vi.
And I missed it very much in kdevelop and kwrite.

Ciao
Andreas