Interface for other editors (was: vi-mode possible?)

Renaud renaud_chaillat at netcourrier.com
Tue Dec 21 23:57:07 GMT 1999

 Hi,

Well IMHO, kwrite lacks just very few things to behave just as I'd like:
- one is the possibility to desactivate the "autocopy" feature, see the patch
already kindly posted to this list. In fact I'd like kwrite to behave like
nedit...
- a shortcut to toggle vertical selection option (maybe already possible,
haven't really checked yet). I didn't thought vertical selection would be
useful, but I've already used it several times and appreciate it very much now!

By the way, I don't know emacs at all, and am not an expert with vi.

Last, in the wish list (or if I find the time/knowledge to do it myself!) I'd
love the possibility to hide a complete bloc/function code with just the fisrt
line of it, like in the old GFA Basic. Well, the class view offers a lot of
shortcuts, but anyway such a feature appears useful to me, even with small
member functions in a really well designed object oriented code (not that I
consider myself able to produce such a code ;-)
Well, just an idea, I may be the only one to like that.

Anyhow, thanks to all developpers for such a great IDE!
Renaud