Interface for other editors (was: vi-mode possible?)

Matthias Kleine Matthias.Kleine at selflinux.de
Tue Dec 21 15:42:43 GMT 1999

Am Sam, 18 Dez 1999 schrieb Benoit Cerrina:

> Actually I agree, I'd like to be able to use vim instead of kwrite as an
> editor.

> Did any body think about how to implement an interface to other
> editors (I  can hear people screeming for emacs support from here).

I want to repeat this question, if there was any diskussion about any
other editor-modes in kdevelop. Or even, as proposed by Benoit Cerrina,
to implement a special editor-interface (which sound kind of upset
indeed)?

It should be well known, that many programmer´s only feel at home, when
they are allowed to use their favorite editor. For me, it would be a
crown on kdevelop, if I could use the vi (or it´s best features) in
it. I wonder about so many questions concerning uml integration an
nobody screaming for "his"/"her" editor...

Bye,
Matthias

SelfLinux  http://www.selflinux.de  Matthias.Kleine at selflinux.de