FAQ/Known/Status issues page

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Thu Dec 16 22:06:18 GMT 1999

Hi,

Mathias Puetz wrote:

> Dear Christian and Gergor,
> I'm not sure how we should best split the work between us.
> We can do it by topic or split it by working steps.

I think we'd better split it by working step.
When we have something that can go in the FAQ we post it on this list as
a question and its answer, and just saying that we can put it in the
FAQ.

For example:

What do you think about this in the FAQ ? (thanks to Martin Piskernig):

Q:  Is it possible to develop for KDE 2 with KDevelop 1?

A: Yes, KDevelop 2 is still quite instable so it is better for some time
to use KDevelop 1.
Compiling can work if you run "export QTDIR=/usr/qt2 ; export
KDEDIR=/usr/kde2 ; make -f Makefile.dist ; ./configure "
in an xterm window (using your paths) _only once_.
Just after a "make distclean" or like that, you have to rerun the above
commands...

Then when everyone think it's ok, the FAQ maintainer put it in the FAQ.

> Like acquiring info (dig through mailing list, get back
> with people to ask for more detailed info the problem),
> preparing info and trying to figure out solutions from
> other people, and finally putting it in a nice HTML form.
> Christian already expressed his interest in mainainting
> a status report, which is fine with me.

I am interested in maintaining the current on going work web page
(though I see no problem if other people do it), but I cannot maintain
the FAQ too if I want to have time to develop a little bit.
Perhaps someone would also like to maintain the bug list and someone
the  wishlist ...

> Let me know, which you'd prefer.
> We should discuss this directly then, not over the mailing list,
> since it's faster that way.

I think it can be usefull to use the list so that some people getting
interested in what we are doing can jump in and help.

Bye,
Christian.