Opening files and DOC treeview

Mathias Puetz mpuetz at unm.edu
Wed Dec 15 16:57:20 GMT 1999

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>  I'm new using Kdevelop (after a 6 month search for a good Linux IDE),
>and am quite bothered by something. I'm working on a fairly large project,
>and keep the sources inside of a somewhat deep directory hierarchy. But
>whenever I hit open, it brings me back to my home directory (so I have to
>click into 3 or 4 directorys before finding the file I want). Is there
>some way to change this? I'd be perfectly happy if I could just change the
>"start directory" to something else, though it would be better if Kdevelop
>could "remember" where the last file I opened was. I've searched through
>most of the option menus, the users guide, and also did a (quick) search
>of the mailing list archives (I've been on the list ~1/2 hour) and found
>nothing. BTW: feature request for the team, a library project type would
>really be great.

Jep, always jumping back into the main dir in the tree-view
is an annoying *feature*.

Anyhow there must be something wrong with the DOC tree-view
in 1.0final. When I load my project (several subdirs/no own doc)
and click on the DOC tab KDE crashes. But when I compactify
all the folders in the DOC tree before loading my project,
then load the project and click on DOC it works - weird bug 8)

Mathias

--
 ______________
|                                                  \
| Advanced Materials Lab (University of New Mexico) \
| 1001 University SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106         |
| phone: (505)272-7132    -O-    fax: (505)272-7336 |
|   \|/    email: mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu    \|/    |
\___/o\________or puetz at mpip-mainz.mpg.de____/o\____/