Opening files

Jack Lloyd lloyd at chimera.acm.jhu.edu
Wed Dec 15 03:48:22 GMT 1999

Hello everyone,

  I'm new using Kdevelop (after a 6 month search for a good Linux IDE),
and am quite bothered by something. I'm working on a fairly large project,
and keep the sources inside of a somewhat deep directory hierarchy. But
whenever I hit open, it brings me back to my home directory (so I have to
click into 3 or 4 directorys before finding the file I want). Is there
some way to change this? I'd be perfectly happy if I could just change the
"start directory" to something else, though it would be better if Kdevelop
could "remember" where the last file I opened was. I've searched through
most of the option menus, the users guide, and also did a (quick) search
of the mailing list archives (I've been on the list ~1/2 hour) and found
nothing. BTW: feature request for the team, a library project type would
really be great.

Oh, this is Redhat 6.1, Kdevelop 1.0 if it matters.

Thanks,

Jack
--
Jack Lloyd * JHU CS/ACM * finger for PGP IDs/fingerprints

Not the brightest crayon in the box, are we?