Problems, Questions: classes in namespaces

Achim Spangler spangler at tec.agrar.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Dec 14 14:00:59 GMT 1999

Hi all,
I want to create two namespaces IMPL and INTERF, where I put some
classes in. Some classes of INTERF should be derived from according
classes in the IMPL namespace.

One of the 1.0beta4 daily snapshots allowed (correct scanning and
displaying) me to define the classes direct in a per-sourcefile reopened
namespace, like the following:
----------
file: foo1.h
namespace IMPL {
	class Foo1 {
		//...
	}
}
---
file: foo2.h
namespace IMPL {
	class Foo2 {
		//...
	}
}

With kdk-1.0 the classparser complains about
# Precondition violation [ParsedScopeContainer.cc:131]
#	Unique scope: !hasScope( useFullPath ? aScope->path() : aScope->name )

=> only the first parsed class of a namespace is displayed
   correctly by kdevelop. But the rest is only accessible by the LFV

Is this a bug, or is it my fault?
The C++ book of Bjarne Stroustrup seems to allow the reopening of a
namespace in different files.

Even the following doesn't work:
file: master_header.h
namespace IMPL {
	class Foo1;
	class Foo2;
}
---
file: foo1.h
class IMPL::Foo1 {
	//...
}

-> this confuses the classparser (and kdedoc) too
(QUESTION: how to derive class INTERF::iFoo1 from IMPL::Foo1 ? - like
the following?
  file: ifoo1.h
    class INTERF::iFoo1 : private IMPL::Foo1 {
	// ...
    }
 )
The classparser has problems with operator methods.
f.e. for "Foo& Foo:operator=(Foo& refc_src)" only the declaration is
scanned correct, but the according definition can't be accessed by the
classparser.
CRASH of kdevelop:
After changing the documentation of methods (using the kdedoc tags) and
updating the API documentation, kdevelop crashes when I want to switch
to the API documentation again.
The new generated API doc is shown correct, if I restart kdevelop.
COSMETIC problem:
 The dialog window for GERMAN: "Einstellungen->Editor..." is to small,
 so that two descriptions aren't shown complete:
 * "Leerzeichen an Zeilenen" (belassen oder entfernen??!?)
 * "Zeilenumbruch am Curso"

My system is a notebook with 1024x768pixel and 75x75resolution with SVGA
server.
A problem and a question specific to kdedoc:
1) problem with function parameters with type of a class enum
  f.e.
class Foo1 {
	//...
	fee(Foo1::t_enum_1 en_enum);
}
  => kdedoc is confused by the enum type Foo1::t_enum_1
     (Foo1 is another class in the same namespace)
DISPLAY (no html source) something like:
  "fee(Foo1.html">Foo1::t_enum_1 en_enum)"
       ^^^^ LINK  ^^^^
((both are correct links to the class doc of Foo1))

2) is there a kind of style sheet, where I could define a small line
between the detailed method descriptions?
f.e. for methods with only one line of description, the space between
different methods is not much greater than the space between the method
definition line and its documentation

Thanks for the good work in kdevelop and kdedoc,
Achim
--
Dipl.-Inform. Achim Spangler                TUM Freising-Weihenstephan