Qt-1.4 (libraries) not found

Ken Brakey brakeykr at poncacity.net
Sat Dec 11 22:10:51 GMT 1999

Andy Gimblett wrote:

> > > I got this error messages every time I try to generate a new projet
> (KDE
> > > and qt) in the app. wizard.
> > > I have the correct qt libraries installed (qt-1.44 not qt 2.0.), I use
> Suse
> > > 6.2,  KDeveloper 1.0 ( I got the same problem in the beta version)
>
> > please install the qtdevel-package on your system, than you will be
> happy !
>
> You will also need to ensure that your QTDIR environment variable
> points
> to the right place (probably /usr/lib/qt-1.44).

I downloaded the qt-1.44 and the qt-2.0.1 BOTH and compiled both.
they are from troll.com. They were installed(according to troll suggestions)
in
/usr/local/qt-1.44 & /usr/local/qt-2.0.1.
In /etc/profile.d/ qt.sh They were said to be in /usr/local/lib/qt.etc -- I
just edited out the /lib
directory and they work just fine now, BOTH of them, QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-1.44
and
QTDIR2=/usr/local/qt-2.0.1.
Ken