A bug in kdevelop1.0 classview

Lingchong You you at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 10 22:29:27 GMT 1999

Hello,

I've downloaded kdevelop 1.0 and installed on an IRIX64.

There appears to be a bug in this version, but absent
from 1.0b4 or 1.0b4.1:

Kdevelop crashes with a core when I click on the "go to
declaration" over any method in the classview window, with
right mouse button.

Any clue what's going on?

I'm using gcc 2.95.1 and kde1.1.2.

I didn't have a lot of problems in getting the package
compiled except that I had to comment out the following
code in ${KDEVELOPROOT}kevelop/ckdevelop.cpp and
${KDEVELOPROOT}/kdevelop/kdlgedit/kdlgpropwidget.cpp:

// if (vfork()>0) {

//}

My compiler complains that vfork() is undefined...

I did the same modifications in 1.0b4 and 1.0b4.1 but
didn't have the bug I'm having now...

Any suggestions? And are there other ways to get around
the vfork() thing?

Thanks!

Lingchong You
Dept. of Chemical Engineering