Adding applications to the KDK

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Thu Dec 9 16:53:00 GMT 1999

ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> What are the specs for adding apps to the KDK?
>
>         -ian reinhart geiser

Hi,

here we are...

the logical specs are clear:

It should be an application for development
and it should be declared as stable by the maintainer.
(Ok... maybe there are bugs... ;-) )

It shouldn't be concurrent with an application,
which still exists in the KDK, but we can talk about
substitution.

It should be free (GPL, LGPL, etc. etc.)
Maybe we have to change something to fit it in the KDK :-)

the technical specs:

it should use the automake/autoconf mechanism
and (as an extension of this) you should be able
to create a distribution and rpm-packages
(I know, to reach these technical specs we have help
eachother).

It shouldn't be a monster application of 15 MB

ahhh last but not least... it should be for Linux!! :-)))

----
So please let us (or me) know, if you want us to put your
development application into the KDK!!!

Ciao

Walter