Support for subdirectories

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 13:57:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

Werner Modenbach wrote:

> Does kdevelop support structured projects with subprojects

only static libraries in KDevelop directory format:

projectXYZ

     +-->projectXYZ

But currently no workspace of projects

> and/or
> subdirectories?

no own directory structure. Only the predefined.

> How do I have to set it up for this? (I'm using CVS)

Use tmake which can handle sub-projects and sub-directories in any
structure. Generate the Makefiles by tmake, generate an empty Customer
KDevelop project, exit KDevelop, move/link/copy your sources into the
subdirectories of this project, restart KDevelop, goto RFV, add the new
files (now shown in the treeview) to the KDevelop project file *.kdevprj
by clicking through the context menus.
Later, if you change the tmake .pro file, make will regenerate the
Makefile automatically.

Well, then you can use the features of KDevelop, I mean you can edit,
build, debug, browse and so on, but everytime pay attention to that in
this case the Makefile is not be managed by KDevelop.

Ciao,
--Falk

"An old woman is getting into the bus every day and every day she gives
the bus driver a handful nuts. One day the bus driver asks her: 'It is
so nice of you but why do you do this?' And she say: 'I haven't got
teeth any more. But I have already sucked the chocolate...' "