Configure says it can't find Qt libraries

Neil Murray murrayn at westelcom.com
Sun Dec 5 06:03:32 GMT 1999

   Last week, I reported that configure said it could not find the Qt
libraries on my computer, which is running Red Hat Linux 5.2. I finally
discovered, by browsing config.log, that the real problem was a failure
to find the X11 libraries. You may want to update the first item in your
FAQ to advise users who encounter the can't-find-qt-libraries message to
browse config.log to see if the real problem is with X11 and, if so, to
run configure with the --x-includes= and --x-libraries= options.
   Examining log files to discover problems may be routine for Linux
veterans, but for those of us, like me, who have recently arrived at
Linux after years on Windows where log files generally don't exist, log
files are a new concept.
    Now that I have KDevelop up and running, I am enjoyit it very much.
Thanks.