How to step into a running project under cvs?

Thomas Fromm - DI tfromm at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Dec 4 14:41:28 GMT 1999

Am Fri, 03 Dec 1999 schrieben Sie:
> We have a running project with the repository (archive) on our server.
> Currently there is only one developer working on it.
> What do I have to do if I want to setup more developers for the project?
> (besides having more developers :-))
look into the homedirectory of your repository on the cvs-server,
modify the "psswd"-file and the "writer"-file in th CVSROOT and add there
the additional developers.
 > If I make an empty project I don't know how to load the project
files from the
> server.
set the environmental variable of the cvsroot (e.g. write it into your
.profile) the line
export CVSROOT=:pserver:user at server:/path/to/the/repository/
or set it manually ...
now change to your work dir an your local machine and type
cvs checkout
or "cvs co"(short version)
  > What files have to be checked in on the first developer station?
When I try to > say 'add to archive' on the topmost folder I get error
messages. Do I have to > select all files individually? >
after the first import of you project into the cvs-server you have to add and
remove every single file with cvs add and cvs rm.

more information look at the kdehelp behind point "System GNU info contents"
there you can find a CVS - Howto.

thomas