using CVS in kdevelop with cervisia

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 31 20:29:25 BST 1999

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 Achim Spangler wrote:
>Hi all,
>how can I get the source and header files of my project into the CVS?

1. If you don't have a repository, create one e. g. with
   cvs -d $HOME/cvsroot init
2. Import your project directory into the repository
   with Repository->Import
3. Checkout the module from the repository into a
   working directory (different from the original project dir)
4. Make sure everything is in the working dir
5. Delete the original sources

>How can I configure cervisia to work best with my kdevelop projekts
>(calling arguments)?

It's a hack, but you can make a script with the content

  cd $3 && cervisia $1 $2

In KDevelop's tool configuration dialog, enter this script
with " %D" as argument. The space seems to be important (bug?)

>As cervisia is relative new - can somebody recommend me another CVS
>frontend, that can be used with kdevelop?

Well, tkCVS is stable and quite complete, but I don't recommend
it ;-)

>I'm wondering if the dialog information of kdevelop RFV tree
>"file(registered)" wants to tell me, that the according file is already
>in CVS, or if it only tells me, that it is included in the project
>distribution (generating of *.tgz).

It tells you that it's part of the project.

Bernd.