are these bugs?

Andreas Schlapbach schlpbch at bluewin.ch
Sat Aug 28 10:54:40 BST 1999

sunchange lee wrote:

> hi:
>    i am a kdevelop document translator.i find that some of the text can NOT
> be translated!so i had a look at the source code.in some places,i think the
> authers use i18n macro wrongly.
>
>  in cdocbrowser.cpp,you can find codes bellow:
>         i18n("grep: "+text)
>         i18n("look up: "+text)
>  i think it should be
>         i18n("grep: ")+text
>         i18n("look up: ")+text
>  in ckdevelop.cpp,you can find:
>         i18n("Running "+prj->getBinPROGRAM())
>         i18n("Running "+prj->getBinPROGRAM()+"   in KDbg")
>  should be
>         i18n("Running ")+prj->getBinPROGRAM
>
> these text("grep","look up","Running") will be shown also as english ,no
> matter what language you choose.but when they are modified as above,all is
> OK.so i doubt they are bugs,any of you ever use kdevelop with non-english
> language?

You're right, I had similar problems with the code of KAppWizard
(KTranslator and the *.po files don't work corecctly in this cases):
..
void KtestApp::statusCallback(int id_){
..
    case ID_FILE_QUIT:{
    	QString caption=kapp->getCaption();
    	slotStatusHelpMsg(i18n("Exits "+ caption));
    	break;
..

Something like works:
    	slotStatusHelpMsg(i18n("Exits ")+ caption);

Anyway, great tool,

Andreas