Crashing kdevelop

Christian Ordig chr.ordig at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 01:25:05 BST 1999

On 25-Aug-99 Sandy Meier wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 you wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>

>> The console output is:
>> CClassView::refresh( proj )
>>   parsing:[/home/chris/CPP/zlibwrapper/zlibwrapper/zlib.h]
>>   parsing:[/home/chris/CPP/zlibwrapper/zlibwrapper/main.cpp]
>>   parsing:[/home/chris/CPP/zlibwrapper/zlibwrapper/zlib.cpp]
>> CClassView::refresh()
>> buildInitalClassTree
>> Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl
>>
>> "Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl"="SIGILL - Illigal Instruction"
>>
>> I am just wondering if this is a problem of my compiler or your program.
>> (btw. everything else
>> compiled with this compiler works just fine)
>>

> It seem's to be a compiler problem. Unfortunaly we have many problems with
> different compilers, for instance with egcs-2.91.57 KDevelop crash on
> reloading
> dialogs. With egcs-2.91.60 it works. Maybe you should try to compile it in
> the
> debug mode: "./configure --enable-debug".

I managed to find out that the problem is not realy the compiler, but the
libstdc++ 2.9 wich comes with the pgcc. I installed the libstdc++ 2.9 which
comes with my distribution, and the program I've compiled using the pgcc runs
just fine without crashing (at least not at the same point it crashed before ;-)

I'll have to figure out how to use the libstdc++ coming with my distribution
with my pgcc ... but I think this doesn't belong here.

Thanks.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig <chr.ordig at gmx.net>
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.