Suggestions...yep more of them :-)

Jono Bacon jb at linuxuk.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 19:23:02 BST 1999

Hello all,

I have a few suggestions for KDevelop. Let me know what you think, so we can
bat the ideas around a bit.

1. Plugin Sctructure

Does KDevelop have a standard plugin spec. After the talk of UML integration, I
think it would be a good idea :-)

2. Library Support

It seems that to include library calls in your compilation is less than easy to
implement. For example to use the -l<library> switch in gcc. I tend to write a
lot of ncurses based console programs, and this would be a handy option. Maybe
a script could search out the libraries installed on your system, and list them
in a combo box which can be used to select which libraries you want added to
your project. You would obviously want library support optional for each file,
or the whole project.

3. More Widget Support In The Dialog Editor

Would it be possible for more widgets to be accessable from within the dialog
editor.

4.More Visual Development Model

It would be nice if that when you are within the Dialog Editor, you could have
similer system working with Visual Basic, whereby you can click on a widget
(eg. button) and you could edit the code for that widget, and also select
predefined signels/slots to be used. This could certainly take the headache out
of coding.

What does everyone think?

	Jono

---

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz]

Email: jb at linuxuk.co.uk
ICQ  : 1758965

Linux - Opening Doors And Smashing Windows :-)