KDE Studio

Charles Boivin okeo at mindless.com
Wed Aug 18 08:05:01 BST 1999

From:           	Massimo Morin <mmorin at schedsys.com>

> Well next year we will have 3 different and exceptional tool for
> developing on kde, BUT right now we have only a not feature complete
> one....

And let's not forget that Borland (ahum, Inprise, I mean) is now
committed to Linux and will most probably develop a tool similar to
Delphi that will run on Linux. Just found that out today, actually.

Ok, ok, I know, commercial software (I hear people scream from
here), but if competition is good for the tools, well, then next year
should be a very good one for developers.

But right now I am happy to use KDevelop.. :) If only the damn
can't-change-the-compiler-options bug could be squished, I'd be in
heaven.. :)

My 0.02$ worth (although it's only Canadian money..)

Charles Boivin
Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
University of British Columbia