KDE Studio

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Tue Aug 17 16:09:23 BST 1999

Hi,
competition is good, and I agree on that, but splitting efforts is not!

Right now kdevelop is pretty usable tool.
KDEStudio, I don't know. The interface seems nice but I didn't test it
I know that KodeKnight (another ide) is in the CVS tree but no snapshot
available yet.
It is suppose to be the"ideal" tool for kde2 because it uses corba
massivelly....

So, right now we have:
one pretty usable tool even if not complete (kdevelop)
a nice-looking tool that I don't know if it is usable
a tool that is suppose to be the best one but we have never seen.

Well next year we will have 3 different and exceptional tool for
developing on kde, BUT right now we have only a not feature complete
one....

So why don't we merge the efforts for having a great one, and from that
start developing the revised-and-corrected-with-my-best-options one???

WE NEED APPLICATIONS right now so having a usable tool is our priority.
The big advantage that Windows has on Linux is the availability of tons
of uniform interface and close-to-operate-togather applications

Right now only kdevelop is the tool that we can use for fighting on this
arena....
So why not "enhancing it"??? The sooner the better....

My 0.02$ from a software engineer that is evaluating kde for his
customer base

Cheers
			Massimo

--
                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 623-4155                        .'
                                       .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.