some suggestions

James Oakley jfunk at roadrunner.nf.net
Tue Aug 10 06:16:31 BST 1999

Somebody moderate this up :-)* Too much /......

"Amir E. Aharoni" wrote:

> 2. Icons that should be on the toolbar: Save all, Open recent project,
> Un/Indent. Generally, toolbars should be customizable like in a certain
> unnamed "visual" IDE ... (but this request should probably go to kdelibs
> and Qt developers)

I agree completely. I used that other IDE for a brief period at my last
job (only when I needed a certain library that wasn't useable in
Cygwin32. National Instruments? Can you hear me?) and I actually grew
fond of that save all button.

> 3. Search and Replace should work with special characters (\n, \t
> etc...) and regexp's. In a certain unnamed _WORD_ processor there's a

Again, I find this important. I've many times come across that special
case (usually with indents).

> 4. Pleeeeeeease add braces around one-lined if/else/while/do blocks in
> wizard-generated code. Again sorry about being a weenie -- but that's a
> style requirement at my workplace and many other places i heard of and
> IM_very_HO it makes code much more readable.

This is the way I do it to, for consistency. I also adhere to the { at
the end of the line, remember this is how it's done in the Linux kernel.
However, different companies may have different ideas. Make it ultra
configurable.

JFunk