some suggestions

Amir E. Aharoni amir_e_a at netvision.net.il
Mon Aug 9 20:57:59 BST 1999

Great project, guys.  I'm testing KDev for my workplace and it really
surpirsed me. I'm already using it to develop a little app.
There are some issues i'd like to point out:

1. Ctrl-I should add tabs. Right now it adds spaces (as the number of
tab size).

2. Icons that should be on the toolbar: Save all, Open recent project,
Un/Indent. Generally, toolbars should be customizable like in a certain
unnamed "visual" IDE ... (but this request should probably go to kdelibs
and Qt developers)

3. Search and Replace should work with special characters (\n, \t
etc...) and regexp's. In a certain unnamed _WORD_ processor there's a
button in Search/Replace dialog that allows the user to select a special
character to add to the search string without typing scary braces,
backslashes etc. (personally i'm not scared of them, but lots of people
i know are). Also replacing across multiple files might be cool. Regexp
builder would kick ass too. (Sorry i'm such a weenie -- i've got the
idea of how all this stuff should look and work, but don't have enough
KDE programming experience to make it myself yet :( ).

4. Pleeeeeeease add braces around one-lined if/else/while/do blocks in
wizard-generated code. Again sorry about being a weenie -- but that's a
style requirement at my workplace and many other places i heard of and
IM_very_HO it makes code much more readable.

5. When member/method/etc name is too long for browser window, a tooltip
with full name should appear onMouseOver. The unnamed IDE i mentioned
earlier shows this tooltip without a delay, so that should be at least
optional.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni, the Original Israelite
"Barkeep! Put all my meals in one plate.