FreeBSD Compile Problem

Jono Bacon jb at linuxuk.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 19:16:45 BST 1999

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> (Please also respond to me when replying.  The listserver still hasn't
> mailed me the auth codes yet to sunscribe)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm tring to compile Kdevelop1.0Beta1 and have a recurring problem.
>
> When it tries compiling, I get the following error message:
> kdlgedit.cpp: In method `void KDlgEdit::generateWidget(class
> KDlgItem_Widget
> *, class QTextStream *, class QString)':
> kdlgedit.cpp:605: virtual memory exhausted
>
> I've tried compiling KDevelop with the following, yielding the same
> error:
> gcc 2.7.2.1
> gcc 2.8.1
> egcs 1.1.2 (configure has problems with this and Qt, so I move the
> binaries around after running configure)
> Qt1.42 (from ports)
> Qt1.44
>
> The system has 64MB of RAM and 250 MB of swap, running FreeBSD
> 3.2-Release

To fix this do this:

1. Delete FreeBSD.
2. Install Linux.

Just kidding :-) Seriously though...I don't know much about FreeBSD, but it
sounds like a bug in KDevelop. Maybe try a different version of KDevelop.

	Jono

---

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz]

Email: jb at linuxuk.co.uk
ICQ  : 1758965

Linux - Opening Doors And Smashing Windows :-)