FreeBSD Compile Problem

Yann Ramin atrus at montereyhigh.com
Sun Aug 15 22:50:29 BST 1999

(Please also respond to me when replying.  The listserver still hasn't
mailed me the auth codes yet to sunscribe)

Hi,

I'm tring to compile Kdevelop1.0Beta1 and have a recurring problem.

When it tries compiling, I get the following error message:
kdlgedit.cpp: In method `void KDlgEdit::generateWidget(class
KDlgItem_Widget
*, class QTextStream *, class QString)':
kdlgedit.cpp:605: virtual memory exhausted

I've tried compiling KDevelop with the following, yielding the same
error:
gcc 2.7.2.1
gcc 2.8.1
egcs 1.1.2 (configure has problems with this and Qt, so I move the
binaries around after running configure)
Qt1.42 (from ports)
Qt1.44

The system has 64MB of RAM and 250 MB of swap, running FreeBSD
3.2-Release

Yann Ramin			atrus at montereyhigh.com
Atrus Trivalie Productions	www.redshift.com/~yramin
				irm.it.montereyhigh.com