Cannot compile with debug information

Charles Boivin okeo at mindless.com
Sat Aug 7 00:26:34 BST 1999

Hi everyone,

I have sent an e-mail regarding this bug a while ago. I thought it had
been taken care of since, but it doesn't seem so.

After you do a "Make distribution", all the files are compiled with the
-O2 switch, even if, in the Project Options, you specify to compile with
the -g switch.

If you try to change that again, and force the -g switch (through the
Project Options dialog, still), here is the message that is printed in
the "Messages" tab:

CXXFLAGS=  -O0 -g1 -Wall   : Command not found.
*** failed ***

Now, is the problem on *MY* side, or is it a bug?

I hope I can get an answer this time.

Thanks,

--
Charles Boivin

Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada