"undefined reference to `TIFF...'" while linking

Arandir arandir at meer.net
Thu Aug 5 02:58:05 BST 1999

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999, Johannes Schritz wrote:

> There is no file on my computer with the name libtiff.so.3.4 though.
> Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.
>
> Johannes Schritz

There should be a libtiff.so under /usr/lib. It's a link to the current tiff
library. On my system, it points to libtiff.so.3.4, but your system may be
different. I think anything 3.x or higher should work. If you have a
libtiff.so.3.x but no libtiff.so, then just create a link.

During the configure stage of the installation, libtiff should have been
searched for. Go into your build directory and look at the output of the
configure script in config.log.

 --
Arandir...