RH6 libs missing?

Tom Walsh tom at mytoys.com
Wed Aug 4 15:39:36 BST 1999

> Just as an aside, a way you can fix that is to make a link called kde in
> /opt that points to /usr (if your KDE stuff goes into /usr/bin, etc.).

    Duh! Whew! sometimes you cannot see the most obvious answer to the problem,
:^).

> >     I really would like to work from a source installation, compile &
> install
> > from there so that I can patch or twiddle it later.
>
> I've compiled the almost latest kdevelop stnapshot on a RH6 system. Have you
> installed the libjpeg/gif/tiff rpm's from the RedHat 6 CD? Those should be
> the correct ones, as far as I know.

    Yes, these are all installed. Tiff is 3.4.5, jpeg is 6b-9, giff is 3.0-49.

    I write code on controllers / PCs, this will be my first foray into writing
an app on the linux box. Right now, I am concerned that I cannot compile the
kdevelop on this machine. I have written some other C / perl stuff on it.

Regards,

Tom