RH6 libs missing?

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Wed Aug 4 08:58:00 BST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Walsh <tom at mytoys.com>

> KDE directories it pointed to were incorrect. That binary assumed /opt as
the
> base of the installation, but I had installed the KDE from binaries and
they
> placed the KDE into various parts of the filesystem and not into the /opt.

Just as an aside, a way you can fix that is to make a link called kde in
/opt that points to /usr (if your KDE stuff goes into /usr/bin, etc.).

>     I really would like to work from a source installation, compile &
install
> from there so that I can patch or twiddle it later.

I've compiled the almost latest kdevelop stnapshot on a RH6 system. Have you
installed the libjpeg/gif/tiff rpm's from the RedHat 6 CD? Those should be
the correct ones, as far as I know.

Ciao,
Gordon