Fwd: Re: Kdevelop1.0 Beta1

holle at almaden.ibm.com holle at almaden.ibm.com
Tue Aug 3 18:21:43 BST 1999

I disagree. I do *not* want to have kedit or kwrite and definitely not kdevelop
behave like vi ...
I have no problems using vi, in fact it is one of the most useful things for
sysadmins :-)

But for programming things I prefer different editors, like emacs or even
kdevelop.

But I think it would be a very (!!) nice idea to support different
**configureable** styles for keys. Like the KDE-Style, the vi-style and even the
Emacs-style. Maybe even something like this weird old DOS-style with these
Ctrl-K for what was it SaveFile or so ??? And for sure a free user configurable
style that can be mixed up totally.

BTW: Stefan have you seen xvile ? This is the very nice X11 version of vi. And
vim support X11 by now, too (I think). So maybe we just get a kvile or a kvim ?

- holger

Stefan Heidrich <sheidric at rz.uni-potsdam.de> on 03/08/99 04:54:58

Please respond to kdevelop at fara3.cs.uni-potsdam.de

cc: