kdev-python: plans to add support for PyQt6 & PySide2/6 ?

Björn Strömberg bjorn.stromberg86 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 08:33:55 GMT 2024

the process as i see it (for KF5/KF6 in case they do not have python
wrappers like pyside) we got the qt tools to generate pyside2/6

   - shiboken2 https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython-5/shiboken2/index.html
   - shiboken6 https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython-6/shiboken6/index.html

to generate the python interfaces, then what we need is something to read
those interfaces to create the manuals,
which since its made with shiboken tool it should be pretty straigt forward
to translate directly from the doxygen output, atleast in theory..

any input on this idea, maybe someone already tried it?