Templates/Snippets in KDevelop 5.6.2

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Mar 7 08:41:19 GMT 2023

On Mittwoch, 1. März 2023 10:58:31 CET Rechtsanwalt Georg Michael Steyer
wrote:
> Dear developers,

Hey Georg.

> unfortunately, I have a problem with Kdevelop 5.6.2 that I couldn't
> solve even after extensive online research. Probably "I can't see the
> forest for the trees"!

That area is also a bit messy in KDevelop, and not something I use frequently
myself. First of all, can you please be more specific what kind of template/
snippet you are using? We sadly have basically three different systems in
place:

- new file template (#1)
- new project template (#2)
- text snippets to insert an open document (#3)

> In all project templates that are relevant to me (cmake_plaincpp.tar.bz2
> and cmake_plainc.tar.bz2), I have added a header to the main.cpp. There
> and as a separate text module I would like to implement the date and
> time. Sorry, that is not possible. Neither %{date} nor ${date} expand to
> the current date after inclusion in the source code. If I try to use the
> online text module by Milian Wolf (see below), "%{year}" is not expanded
> to the current year (2023) in my source code (main.cpp). Here is his
> snippet:

> * Copyright %{year} Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>

I assume here you are talking about the "snippets" plugin (#3), there the
syntax would be:

```
${year()}
```

And you'll have to provide a javascript function like this in the `scripts`
tab:

```
function year() { return new Date().getFullYear(); }
```

> My own template should look like /usr/share/kdevcodegen/licenses/GPL v3:

> Copyright (C) <year> <copyright holder>

For project templates (#2), we rely on grantlee which is similar to django in
spirit. There, the syntax would be something like

```
{% now "yyyy" %}
```

if I'm not mistaken.

The `<year>` token is only replaced for file templates (#1).

HTH

--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de