Templates/Snippets in KDevelop 5.6.2

Rechtsanwalt Georg Michael Steyer info at rechtsanwaltsteyer.de
Wed Mar 1 09:58:31 GMT 2023

Dear developers,

unfortunately, I have a problem with Kdevelop 5.6.2 that I couldn't
solve even after extensive online research. Probably "I can't see the
forest for the trees"!

In all project templates that are relevant to me (cmake_plaincpp.tar.bz2
and cmake_plainc.tar.bz2), I have added a header to the main.cpp. There
and as a separate text module I would like to implement the date and
time. Sorry, that is not possible. Neither %{date} nor ${date} expand to
the current date after inclusion in the source code. If I try to use the
online text module by Milian Wolf (see below), "%{year}" is not expanded
to the current year (2023) in my source code (main.cpp). Here is his
snippet:

/*

* This file is part of KDevelop

*

* Copyright %{year} Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>

*

* This program .... .

*/

My own template should look like /usr/share/kdevcodegen/licenses/GPL v3:

<one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>

Copyright (C) <year> <copyright holder>

by Attorney Georg Michael Steyer, Leverkusen

This program...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rechtsanwalt Georg Michael Steyer (aus info@)

Aus MX-Linux 21.3 Plasma 5.20.5 - XFCE 4.18 aus Thunderbird vom HP Z230 SSD