KDevelop CI compilation errors

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Oct 7 14:48:08 BST 2020

Am Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2020, 15:23:18 CEST schrieb Igor Kushnir:
> Hi!
>
> My recent commits caused several CI compilation errors:
> https://build.kde.org/job/KDevelop/job/kdevelop/ (stable-kf5-qt5
> FreeBSDQt5.15
> <https://build.kde.org/job/KDevelop/job/kdevelop/job/stable-kf5-qt5%20FreeBS
> DQt5.15/>, stable-kf5-qt5 SUSEQt5.14
> <https://build.kde.org/job/KDevelop/job/kdevelop/job/stable-kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt
> 5.14/>); https://invent.kde.org/igorkushnir/kdevelop/-/jobs/71431
>
> The issue is that the */#if KCOREADDONS_VERSION >= QT_VERSION_CHECK(5,
> 75, 0) /*branch is taken, but the KDE Frameworks is not up to date. In
> order to fix the builds, /KCoreAddons/ has to be updated to include
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/-/merge_requests/29
> (merged two days ago). How can I request such an update? Or will KF be
> updated automatically soon enough?

The KDE-developed dependencies of all the products in the "KDevelop" group are
updated weekly to latest version, by the builds "Dependency Build KDevelop *"
for the respective platforms, see https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/

One can trigger a build manually in such cases like yours. For that one though
needs to have applied for build trigger rights via a new task at https://
phabricator.kde.org/tag/build.kde.org/

Once you have rights and are logged in, there will be an action "Build now" on
the top left menu in a build overview page like
https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/
Dependency%20Build%20KDevelop%20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.14/

Some deoendency builds are currently running for other reasons, I will make
sure any still needed are running now as well (seems just FreeBSD stable
needed still triggering).

For the future best now ask for trigger rights. Once all KDE Developers had
that automatically, but newer account systems broke that, now one has to poke
admin to get into the list.

Cheers
Friedrich