Can't access anongit.kde.org for kdevelop source code

Francis Herne mail at flherne.uk
Thu Jun 11 12:41:13 BST 2020

On Thursday, 11 June 2020 12:27:57 BST Arthur Gruzauskas wrote:
> I have scripts that keep my kdevelop source updated. For the last day,
> they no longer work.
>
> Has the repository been moved, is it just a temporary glitch, or have I
> just screwed up?
>
> kdevelop.org has no mention of a change in source location that I could
> see.
>
> Using my friend google, I find the perhaps new git source at
> invent.kde.org:mattaylor/kdevelop.git
>
> That name Matt Taylor is not familiar to me. I see Friedrich's name in
> the latest commit, clearly familiar.
>
> Is this the new location of the source?
>
> Arthur

No.

The upstream KDevelop GitLab page is:
 - https://invent.kde.org/kdevelop/kdevelop

Git URLs are either:
 - ssh://git@invent.kde.org:kdevelop/kdevelop.git
 - https://invent.kde.org/kdevelop/kdevelop.git

invent.kde.org:<username>/kdevelop.git are individual users' development
forks, and shouldn't be used except to collaborate on whatever they're doing.

anongit.kde.org should continue to work as a redirect if you use https:// but
not git://, see Ben Cooksley's email from today here: https://marc.info/?
l=kde-devel&m=159186677203799&w=2

There have been several emails to kde-devel about these infrastructure changes
over the last few months.

-Francis H